Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Beginnings
My journey as a homemaker began just over two years ago when I married my wonderful and amazing best friend, Andy. Before I met my husband to be, I was pursing a degree in nursing and planned on making a career of it. While I did end up graduating from my program, I started to feel an ever persistent tug on my heart that I wanted to be a keeper at home. The desire of a professional career had begun to lose it's luster. Today, looking back on two years of marriage and following God's call for me to be a homemaker, I can truly say I've never felt more satisfied or fulfilled. It's like a glove with a perfect fit. This is where I am supposed to be.
This has been a journey for me. There have been ups and downs, mountains and valleys. Being a homemaker is a lifestyle choice, something that is not very popular with mainstream society. Often times, I feel as thought the traditional role of women is devalued in today's world. I've even placed this oppression on myself, believing that I was not worthy because I did not bring a paycheck into the home. I wasn't contributing; therefore I was undeserving. But this is a lie from the enemy. When I told my husband that I had been struggling with feelings of being undeserving because I don't contribute financially to our home, he gave me the most perplexed look. "I never told you that or placed that on you." he replied compassionately. "I know" I sobbed. I had devalued myself and what I do for our family of two. I had begun to measure myself against society's standards and not against the word of God. When you have a moment, please take time to read two Scriptures that have given me much encouragement as I follow God's calling to be keeper at home: Titus 2:3-5 and Proverbs 31.
The Revolutionary Homemaker,
Sara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment